Never booked a camelid before and wondering what all goes into inviting such a fancy guest? Well you’ve come to the right place!
Our llamas and alpacas don’t take much, but these simple considerations will help not only the animals stay comfortable, but will help enrich the experience of your guests during their appearance.
1. No poop left behind. Classy Camelids are just that: classy! They always come fitted with their own customized protective garments. These garments are discreetly hidden behind bushy tails and under their colorful attire that no one is the wiser allowing most locations to welcome our handsome fellows inside leaving everywhere they go exactly as they found it. Llamas and alpacas also have padded feet similar to a dog’s that won’t scuff or ruin wood floors or manicured lawns.
2. Parking. We request parking when invited to events. We travel conveniently inside vans to enjoy the a/c in the summer or heat in the winter, and help make parking so much easier within the city. If you are inviting us somewhere with limited parking, please save a spot to best allow a timely start and end to our visit.
3. Plan for crowds! There is something about animals that is magnetic. Especially when they are dressed up. Allowing space for a line to form is incredibly helpful as guests are happy to wait in line when they can visually see they’re only X-amount of spots away from a selfie of their own.
5. When planning a wedding a year away: We place a priority on our participation in local fundraising events such as the the Walk, Roll, Run for Cerebral Palsy, the Buddy Walk for down syndrome, and the Out of the Darkness Walk for suicide awareness. Because of this, we do not confirm any weddings outside the current calendar year to allow our animals participation in these community-focused events. However, we are happy to add your special day and details to our calendar at any time to give first priority in the event we can come celebrate with you.
4. Prepare to soak in the smiles. All of your preparation has paid off and we can take it from here! When you invite Classy Camelids, we come prepared. From bags of sliced carrots to offer that unique carrot kiss experience everyone will be talking about, to providing extra hands to pass your cell phone to for that photo you can’t wait to share. We have over a decade experience making sure everyone has a safe and joy-filled time.
We understand this is a new experience for most and do our best to allow each and every person to experience the llama llove while getting the opportunity to learn about llamas and alpacas and how your event is helping to share these animals as therapy animals throughout the community. Win. Win. Win.
Please Note: Weather is our #1 concern when it comes to the comfort of our animals. We do not risk traveling with our animals in extreme weather whether that be snow or sun. This means requests in the months of July and August have the highest potential for cancellations due to heat whereas December and January has the highest potential for snow. Understand booking during these months are welcomed though should be understood that Classy Camelids may cancel with a week’s notice as weather becomes more certain. We try our best to stay in full communication during these times, to figure out alternatives, or how to best keep our animals safe and stress-free. As these concerns are a higher risk the further off the farm we need to travel, we shorten our summer travel radius to 40 minutes from our farm at the La Center exit in Washington State.
Pricing is adjusted based on time asked of the animals to be off the farm for/peak seasons. So traffic patterns and holidays/wedding season may play a role in actual quote. These quotes are up to a 40 minute travel from our farm (You can use the Ilani Casino for a reference point). We can travel up to 40 minutes in the summer/winter and 70 minutes during Spring/Fall to which pricing is adjusted based on added travel.
Non-Wedding Events taking place Monday-Friday, 10:30am-2pm
- $100 discount from below pricing
Non-Wedding Events taking place after 2pm mid-week and weekends
- One Animal – 60 minutes: $400, 90 minutes present: $450, *two hours: $500
- Two Animals – 60 minutes: $550, 90 minutes: $600, *two hours: $650
- *not always available
Weddings start at $850 for 90 minutes with two animals.